Monday, August 24, 2009

Belgian Chocolate Champorado


After enduring the sweltering heat at Bonifacio High Street yesterday, my sister Eileen and I rewarded ourselves with some ice-cold treats at the STOCK MARKET, which boasts of a well-stocked ice cream and yogurt bar plus a wide variety of scrumptious toppings. While Eileen ordered a helping of frozen yogurt with kiwi slices, preserved blueberries and almond slivers, I chose a more curious concoction: Belgian Chocolate Champorado.

A skeptic at first, I was delighted by what eventually greeted me: a steaming heap of short-grain rice flavored with deep, dark chocolate and topped with a scoop of luscious raspberry ice cream. My sister was quick to point out: it's much like a rich, moist fudge brownie a la mode. And right she was. Except the pudding had a much more interesting texture than any brownie can--suck on a spoonful and you'll know what I mean. Plus the contrast between the hot sticky rice and the frozen cream was a welcome sensation.

I would go back for a seconds. Even if a serving costs a hefty P195.


2 comments:

  1. Oh God, I've been away for so long that the inflation that's occured since I left still leaves me aghast at prices. P195 was the cost of imported pants at the time.

    Yes, I'm really old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha with that amount, you can now purchase a pocket. Or a belt loop...

    ReplyDelete